Agile Project Manager2019 - 2020Insurance Broker (via bspin Projects)
- Led and supported the development team on a daily basis on their work to enhance and maintain the broker platform.
- Managed project planning and delivery through Scrum and Kanban.
- Exercised servant leadership and a strong focus on removing impediments from the other squad members.
- Worked closely with key stakeholders to discuss, define, and follow up on requirements.
- Collaborated with carrier insurance third parties to ensure proper data transfer from the platform into their systems.
- Reported weekly status and led the sprint showcases.
- Supported the client through their JIRA Support Desk.
Project Manager2010 - 2019IBM
- Managed over 30 projects; much of the time handling five projects simultaneously.
- Worked with clients, subject matter experts, and technical leads to analyze business needs.
- Generated solution proposals that were aligned to the business strategy.
- Wrote, negotiated, and closed service contracts—resulting in engagements ranging from US $5,000 to $400,000.
- Led all of the activities related to project planning, scope management, and time estimation.
- Facilitated scrum meetings, sprint planning, and removal of impediments—ensuring that the team can perform at their best.
- Controlled the project budget, safeguarding the proper tracking and utilization of resources invested in the project life cycle.
- Drove negotiations and overall communication with the sponsors and product owners.
Brand Manager2007 - 2010avVenta
- Managed projects involving website redesign, customer engagement, and digital marketing.
- Led interdisciplinary teams ranging from 5 to 20+ members.
- Owned the process to secure resource allocations by proper identification of skill sets and levels of expertise needed for the project.
- Coordinated with other departments such as creative design and quality assurance to ensure proper estimations and ideal flow of work across the collaborating resources.
- Managed work queues for steady-state engagements while working on small enhancements and defects.
Project Manager2006 - 2007Alienware
- Led the creation of an onsite software development team.
- Captured high-level requirements and expectations from the stakeholder.
- Aided the developers with the process and procurement-related needs.
- Led team checkpoints to gather progress status, risks, and concerns.